SAVE EVEN MORE WHEN PAYING WITH OUR GIFTCART
The helmet created for MotoGP™ is now available to every rider also in this never seen before replica graphic.
This livery is the replica of the one worn at the US Grand Prix in 2005, on the legendary Laguna Seca track.
In 2005 Yamaha celebrated the 50th anniversary of its foundation. For the Californian race, the entire factory team took on the historic Yamaha yellow, the racing color that American riders used in the 1970s and 1980s. The yellow-black colors made famous by Kenny Roberts, on that weekend in July replaced the more modern metallic blue on Rossi’s bike and equipment. His Dainese suit and the AGV Ti-Tech helmet brought the colors of the golden age back to life for a day.
With collaboration from Starline’s designer Roberto Marchionni, Valentino proposed a new look for his distinctive symbols, the sun and the moon. The two icons are on the sides of the shell as always, with different colors. Then there’s the small number 1 on the front, just under the AGV logo.
In 2005 Rossi was reigning world champion, after his sensational debut on the bike from the Iwata-based manufacturer the previous season. That year turned out to be just as lucky: Laguna Seca was to be the eighth podium in a row, becoming eleven just a few weeks later. The seventh world title for the professional rider from Tavullia then arrived at the end of the season.
Only 2,005 of these replica helmets will be produced.
Each helmet will be delivered with a dedicated pack containing a letter written by Valentino Rossi. In the letter, he explains firsthand the ideas that led to the creation of the graphic, and he shares memories and emotions generated by the specific race he wore it at.
Replica number 46 of this graphic will be given to Valentino for his private collection. Fans, collectors, and enthusiasts won’t want to miss this unbeatable opportunity to own, wear, and preserve a unique piece from the history of MotoGP that tells the legend of one of the greatest athletes in the history of this sport.
- 100% Carbon Fiber Shell
- 4 Shell Sizes
- 5 Density EPS structure in 4 sizes
- Shell and EPS designed to minimize rotational accelerations per FIM regulations
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) ventilation with 5 large front metal air vents and 2 rear extractors hollowed in the shell
- Vents covers included
- Fully removable MotoGP developed integrated hydration system with internal channels engineered for smooth tube placement and drinking valve placed inside the chin of the helmet for a constant and smooth hydration during riding
- Class Optic 1 visor with 100% Max Vision Pinlock® (120) anti-fog technology is designed for maximum vertical view on racing position (85°) and unmatched horizontal view (190°)
- Anti-scratch, tear-off ready Race 3 face shield (tear-off kit included)
- Visor thickness is from 4 to 5 mm, increasing face and eye protection
- Internal chin channels distribute the airflow evenly through the entire visor surface
- Patented Visor Lock System (VLS) reduces the risk of the face shield accidentally opening in case of a crash
- Exclusive metal visor mechanism in metal with roto-translation movement achieves total sealing between visor and shell
- Tool-free rapid visor release system allows the visor to be removed and replaced in seconds
- MotoGP-developed removable, washable interior padding
- Neck Roll made with 2-way stretch breathable fabric with Nabuk inserts
- Cheek pads made with soft Shalimar fabric with Sanitized antibacterial protection, 2Dry moisture wicking and Microsense treatment
- Patented cheek pads safety release system, engineered to remove conveniently cheek pads in case of accident.
- Crown liner made with elastic microfiber with Sanitized antibacterial protection, 2Dry moisture wicking and Microsense treatment
- Patented crown structure allows riders to optimize fit and select helmet height positioning on the top of the head
- Removable nose guard and wind protector
- Titanium Double D retention system
- FIM Certified